Updating records


Use MyUI to update your residing address, phone number, email routing address, and other information. Directory changes made through MyUI are recorded overnight Monday-Friday, and should appear in the university's online directory the following business day.

If you prefer that your home address and phone number not appear in the online directory, select the appropriate restriction option in MyUI.

If you're changing your name, complete a change of name form and submit it with the required documentation. The UI Service Center can help with questions about updating student records at registrar@uiowa.edu or 319-384-4300.

Student employees can change their office listings (including campus address, campus phone, home address, and more) via the Employee Self-Service site. Make sure to also update your personal information on MyUI.

Student medical records

Use MyChart to update your name, residing address, phone number, email and other information. 

Additional forms (including: allergy forms, ADHD forms, release of information, etc.) can be found via the Student Health website. Student Health can help with questions about updating student medical records at student-health@uiowa.edu or 319-335-8370

Faculty and staff

Use Employee Self-Service to update your name, address, phone number, email routing address, and other information. Click the "Personal" tab at the top of the page, then select "Name/Address/Phone Change" in the "Name, Address & Hawk Alert" section.

You can restrict your home address and phone number to keep this info from appearing in the university's online directory. To do so, look for the "Restrictions" pull-down menu on the "Residing Address" tab of the "Name and Address Change" screen. New employees' home addresses and phone numbers are by default restricted from publication in the online directory.

Changes should appear in the online directory within 24 hours.

Medical records

Use MyChart to update your name, residing address, phone number, email and other information for all patients of University of Iowa Health Care.

You may also sign up to view your child’s or another adult’s medical records through MyChart by visiting the MyChart Forms website and completing the appropriate application form.

Health Information Management can help with questions about updating patient medical records at him-consentform@uiowa.edu or 1-319-356-1719.


Update contact information online via the Center for Advancement website. You can change your name, email address, home address, employer, title, work address, spouse info, and more. 

If you'd like to remove your name from a mailing list, email alumni-records@uiowa.edu.

Name changes should also be recorded with the Office of the Registrar. The UI Service Center can help with questions about updating alumni records at registrar@uiowa.edu or 319-384-4300.

Privacy statement: The university respects the wishes of alumni who want to protect their privacy. Alumni records are contained on the Institutional Advancement Database and are available to academic and administrative offices of the University, the UI Center for Advancement uses consistent with their duties and responsibilities. When individuals request to be excluded from receiving specific university communications, their requests are recorded and honored. Contact Alumni Records with such requests at alumni-records@uiowa.edu or 800-469-2586.

A-Z list

Request additions or corrections to the A-Z website directory by using the contact us form or emailing webmaster@uiowa.edu. We're glad to field any questions about directory updates, problems, etc.

Report a problem

See a problem with a directory entry that you can't fix? See something weird or funky? Please report any directory problems to the Information Technology Help Desk its-helpdesk@uiowa.edu. Be sure to include details to help us understand which directory you're looking at.