Everyone deserves to be safe, supported and respected at the University of Iowa. We recognize that all of us—students, faculty, staff, and other members of our community—can only achieve our best in a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment.
- University of Iowa Police: Info about crime reporting, prevention, and education programs; also find UI Police on Facebook and Twitter.
- Hawk Alert: Campus early notification system—sign up for text, email, and phone alerts.
- Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator: Contact for formal complaints and referrals about sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic violence
- Nite Ride: Late-night transportation for people of all genders operated by UI security officers.
- Rave Guardian: Allows users traveling alone to invite friends, family, or UI DPS dispathers to act as a virtual escort as they travel across campus.
- SHOUT: Provides trained student ambassadors to patrol during student sponsored events, student gatherings, and in downtown Iowa City during high traffic, weekend hours with a focus on bystander intervention and overall safety.
- Code Blue Phones: Emergency telephones placed across campus
- UI Public Safety education programs: Violent Incident Survival Training, Rape Aggression Defense, Personal Safety and Self Protection, Alcohol Awareness, and other courses
- Threat Assessment Team: Dedicated to the early identification, assessment and management of incidents and behaviors that threaten the safety and well-being of the university community.
- Crime Statistics and Fire Safety Report: Annual stats on campus incidents