Are you looking for ways to improve your workplace? Do you have concerns about an issue on campus? Do you know someone who wants to make a difference? Are you a person who likes to promote positive change? Have you heard of staff concerns? Would you like to be involved in campus communication? Then it is time to consider nominating yourself or one of your colleagues for UI Staff Council!
Nominations are open on March 12, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. thru April 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. The simple online nomination link can be accessed by clicking here: Staff Council Nomination Form
Positions are available for the following non-bargaining job function vacancies starting in June:
- Academic Support Services & Libraries (PC & PL): [2 open]
- Administration; Audit, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management (PA & PN): [1 open]
- Arts, Cultural and Entertainment; Athletics; Student Services; Hospitality (PE, PS, PQ, & PY): [1 open]
- Behavioral Health; Health Care (PJ & PV): [2 open]
- Business and Finance (PB): [1 open]
- Engineering and Architecture/Facilities Operations (PW & PF): [1 open]
- Information Technology (PI): [4 open]
- Research/Scientific Services (PR, PH, & PP) [3 open]
Here are some high-level expectations of Staff Councilors (for more in-depth information, please visit the Staff Council website https://uiowa.edu/staff/ and review the Bylaws)
- Advocate on behalf of your Function constituents
- Solicit information and opinions from your constituents and share those with Council
- Inform your constituents of the activities of Council
- Regularly attend meetings and participate in discussions
- Actively participate in at least one Council committee assignment
- Discuss the expectations of Staff Council with your supervisor so that regular participation can occur for you
For more information, you may visit the Staff Council Election Committee page or contact Elections Chair Erin Brothers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UI Staff Council represents approximately 7000 non-bargaining staff at the University of Iowa. Go Hawks!