Who May Be Nominated
Teaching assistants from all academic units may be nominated for these awards. To be eligible, nominees must have had some type of formal student contact as part of their duties during the Spring, Summer, and/or Fall 2019. A teaching assistant who has received this award in the past may not be nominated again. The Office of the Provost has authorized the Council on Teaching to give up to 30 awards each year. Awardees receive a $1,000 check and a certificate presented at the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards Reception held in May of each year.
How To Nominate
- Nominations may be initiated by students, faculty, colleagues, departmental executive officers, or deans.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations must follow the guidelines. Student nominators who need assistance with any aspect of the nomination process should contact a faculty member or the Departmental Executive Officer in the teaching department.
- Follow the guidelines within the teaching department for internal deadlines. Nominations must be submitted to the Council of Teaching using the online submission form by the final cutoff date of noon on Monday, March 2, 2020. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- IMPORTANT: On March 3, 2020, the nominee will receive an email to confirm that her/his completed application has been received by the Council on Teaching. If the nominee does NOT receive a confirmatory email message, s/he should contact Evalyn Van Allen-Shalash immediately (335-0142; email@example.com), to ensure that all requirements are met, including the approval of the DEO.