The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and named after former Cleveland US Rep. Louis Stokes who served as a leading figure in Unites States Congress in matters concerning civil rights, equality, and social and economic justice.
The alliance set forth the following objectives to guide alliance-wide activities:
- Community-based and student recruiting
- Bridge programs and transitions
- Faculty engagement and inclusive pedagogy
- Student research opportunities, mentoring, and training
- Mentor training
- Project management, communication, and institutional integration
- Assessment and evaluation
iinspireBrochure.pdf the LSAMP IINSPIRE Brochure!