To foster a relationship with the surrounding community through charitable work and contributions.
Scope of Concern
1. Promote volunteerism among Staff Councilors
2. Work with organization reps on Staff Council to gather and coordinate philanthropic events across campus
3. Organize charitable events for Staff Council participation
Some figures on UISC volunteer participation from the 2015-2016 council year:
- 274 total hours volunteered
- 34 council members volunteered for 78 volunteer shifts
- Through individual donations, councilors donated $912 to charitable organizations in the Iowa City area
- 63% of UISC's membership volunteered at least once
Some events we've partnered with to provide UISC volunteers include:
UI Dance Marathon
UI Homecoming Parade
UI Celebrating Cultural Diversity Festival
Iowa State Fair (UI booth)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Johnson County Bowl for Kids' Sake
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
Looking for help with an event/cause?
If you have an upcoming campus or community event that could use some volunteer help, or a recurring opportunity to volunteer or otherwise get involved with a philanthropic or community organization, let us know! The UISC Community Outreach Committee may be interested in partnering with you to provide volunteers or other involvement. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the date, time, location, what type of volunteer assistance you are looking for and any other pertinent information. If at all possible, we'd like to hear from you at least two weeks prior to your event.
Membership is open to current staff councilors and must serve a full year term.
2017-2018 Staff Council Community Outreach Committee
Brian Brotzman – Chair
2016-2017 Staff Council Community Outreach Committee
Shannon Lizakowski – Chair
|UI Staff Council participating in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Johnson County Bowl for Kids' Sake|