ICRU offers grants to UI undergraduate researchers who are traveling to a professional conference or professional development event.
Students are able to request up to $500 per application. ICRU is unable to offer larger amounts or additional funds, and may only be able to offer a portion of the requested amount. ICRU Travel Awards are disbursed via U-Bill. Please see this document - Student Travel Award Information - for more information.
To be eligible for a travel award, a student must:
- Either present or co-present a poster/oral paper OR be named on a presentation being given by a mentor.
- Study abroad, regardless of its research potential, is not funded.
- Complete the application form, including:
- Event information with location and dates
- A copy of the abstract or poster.
- An estimated travel budget (airfare/gas, lodging, registration, food, etc.)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply at least 4 weeks before your travel dates. If your travel date is less than 4 weeks away from the time that you submit your application, please contact the ICRU office to expedite our review.
We encourage students explore other options for travel funding:
- Contact your major department. Ideally, the ICRU travel grants will be utilized by matching what the department is able to offer students.
- Stanley Undergraduate Award for Undergraduate Research
- Dewey Stuit Fund for Undergraduate Research
- University Honors Program Travel Grant
- Global Health Studies Conference Travel Awards