These awards recognize outstanding accomplishments in scholarly investigation, artistic creation, or performance by University of Iowa undergraduates.
Read about past
Encourage by February 6, 2017
Apply by February 10, 2017
Due February 13, 2017
Up to five awards will be given to students across these areas of study, which will encompass all undergraduate areas of the University. The Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to sponsor the Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards.
- Applied and Formal Sciences (e.g. engineering, nursing, etc.)
- Natural Sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry, health and human physiology, etc.)
- Social Sciences (including business)
- Physical Sciences (e.g. physics, earth and environmental sciences, etc.)
Each of the EURA recipients will:
Be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to attend a professional development program or event. This could include: travel to give conference presentations, perform or exhibit work, attend a summer performance workshop, etc.
Receive an ICRU Fellowship for either the upcoming summer or academic year.
Be recognized at the Vice President for Research and Economic Development’s annual Celebration of Excellence in Research dinner in April.
Eligibility and Application
Students must a sophomore or junior in standing and be returning as an undergraduate at UI for the next academic year. Applicants must complete the electronic application form and submit it (and any optional supplemental materials) by the established spring semester due date (for the 2017 award - student materials due February 3rd, faculty letter of support due February 10th).
Required materials include:
- Resume or CV
- (to be attached as a PDF document)
- Answer to the following question (to be attached as a PDF document: 300 - 1,000 words)
- Provide an overview of the work that you (as the student) have been involved in. Please highlight the contribution of this work to your discipline of study and the role you played in the initiation or development of this work. Include your plans to use the award.
- Faculty support letter
- There is no prompt for the faculty letter - just a general letter of support regarding the student's scholarly investigation, artistic creation, or performance in their field.
- Faculty will come to this page and submit their letter via the button above.
- Optional supplemental materials if appropriate.
- Materials (or copies) can be dropped off at the ICRU office - 401 Blank Honors Center. Originals will be returned immediately after the selection committee meeting.
- Examples: Artistic portfolios (max. 12 pieces of work), videos of performances (max. 3 minutes), scholarly articles, etc.
- If you have questions regarding optional supplemental materials, please contact the ICRU office.