Recognition for the student who goes the extra mile.
ICRU's Excellence in Undergraduate Research Award (EURA) recognizes outstanding accomplishments in scholarly investigation, artistic creation, or performance by undergraduates at the University of Iowa. These awards are granted annually to undergraduates with a strong academic record who have shown great promise for a future career in research through their work with faculty and staff mentors.All undergraduates involved in research or creative work are encouraged to apply for this award.
2020 EURA applications are being accepted now through Tuesday, February 4, 2020 using the link below.
Each year, the Office of the Vice President for Research sponsors up to five Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards to be presented to undergraduate students involved in research/creative work at the University of Iowa. Each EURA awardee receives:
A $1,000 travel scholarship to attend a professional development program or event. (This could include conference presentations, artistic performance or exhibition, summer workshop, etc.)
An ICRU Fellowship for their choice of the upcoming summer or academic year.
Recognition at the Vice President for Research’s annual Celebration of Excellence in Research dinner in April.
To be considered for ICRU's EURA, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be second or third year students at the University of Iowa.
- Applicants must be returning to the University of Iowa as an undergraduate for the upcoming academic year (2019-2020).
- Applicants must complete and submit all materials in the electronic application form found in the above link by the established due date.
Applicants must take care to submit all required materials by February 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm. The EURA Application will request the following materials:
- Resume or CV, to be attached as a PDF document titled CVYYYY_FirstnameLastname
- A 300-1000-word response to the following prompt, to be attached as a PDF document titled EURAYYYY_FirstnameLastname:
- Provide an overview of the work that you (as the student) have been involved in. Please highlight the contribution of this work to your discipline of study and the role you played in the initiation or development of this work. Discuss how your involvement in this work affected your education and career goals. Include your plans to use the award.
- Faculty support letter
- Faculty are required to submit their support letter via the above link.
- Support letters should detail what qualifies you, as the nominated student, to receive this award.
- Optional supplemental materials, if desired.
- Examples: Artistic portfolios (max. 12 pieces of work), videos of performances (max. 3 minutes), scholarly articles, etc.
- Materials can be submitted online or dropped off at the ICRU office - 401 Blank Honors Center. Materials will be returned, if requested.
- If you have questions regarding optional supplemental materials, please contact the ICRU office.