Summer Clinic Information
The 2018 Hawkeye Drumline Summer Clinics take place at the Hawkeye Tennis and Rec Field from 9 am to 4 pm on the following dates: June 23, June 30, and July 14. There is no cost to attend these clinics! The clinics are to help prepare future students for the drumline auditions in August. Recruits will work with the drumline instructor and returning members to learn techniques and expectations of the Hawkeye Drumline. All of those attending should come with the exercises memorized for the clinics.
Expectations for Clinics/Auditions
1. Please email Nick Miller at email@example.com before attending, and provide the following information: - Year in school - Preferred instrument - Clinics you plan to attend - Any conflicts with clinics/auditions (late arrivals, early departures, etc.) - Hawkeye Drumline experience (if you’re a veteran)
2. Read ALL of the provided materials that pertain to your instrument (Welcome Packet/Techniques Packet). Both of these are documents that I compiled for the benefit of the group. There are pictures, and detailed information about our technique and approach that we will discuss further at both clinics and auditions.
3. Memorize ALL of the exercises, and music that is posted. This website will be continuously updated, and if I have your email I will send you a message whenever there are new materials uploaded. The more prepared each individual is for the clinics and auditions, the more progress we can make heading into the season.
4. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have!
- 9:00 am - Introductions
- 9:15 am - Go over protocol and techniques
- 9:30 am - First notes (working on stick techniques)
- 9:45 am - Herky Legatos
- 11:00 am - Double/ Triple Beat & Roll Builder
- 12:00 pm - Break for lunch at Coral Ridge Mall
- We will provide transportation through carpooling.
- 1:00 pm - Return to Hawkeye Tennis and Rec Complex
- Warm up (all three exercises)
- 1:30 pm - The series
- Bass Drum, Swing, Tom-Tom
- 3:00 pm - Whole line rehearsal
- 3:55 pm - Last Rep
- 4:00 pm - Clinic Dismissed
*Breaks will be taken all through out the clinics
What to Bring:
- Practice Pad
- Printed out music
- Exercises and Series
- Water Bottle
- Lunch Money
- Ear Plugs
* We will provide all instruments needed