The Purchasing Department is pleased to announce there are two new, competitively bid, campus-wide agreement are going into effect August 1, 2019.
Both agreements have an initial three year term with optional extensions available for a potential nine year agreement.
Below is a brief overview of contracted suppliers, key changes and general information to make departments aware of these upcoming changes.
Additional information will be emailed with functional user groups and updates will continue to be provided on the Purchasing Department’ s website: Landfill Waste Services, Recycling and Organics Services
Any questions regarding these new contracts can be directed to Renee Funk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 335-0382.
Landfill Waste Services- ABC Disposal System Inc. Contract #19780
• Landfill Waste services will no longer be provided by FM Landscape Services. These services will transition to the newly awarded supplier ABC Disposal Systems Inc.
• ABC will initially complete services on the same schedules and routes as FM Landscape Services.
• For General Education Funded (GEF) buildings University Utilities will initiate purchase requisitions and rebill the appropriate MFK's as currently done today.
• Buildings not funded by GEF funds will be responsible for initiation of purchase orders for services to be paid. Purchasing is currently working to coordinate purchase orders with the appropriate University users.
Recycling Waste Services-Waste Management Inc. Contract #19798
• Recycling services will continue to be provided by Waste Management Inc. through the newly awarded contract.
• For General Education Funded (GEF) buildings University Utilities will lead purchase order issuance and rebill the appropriate MFK's as currently done today.
• Buildings not funded by GEF funds will be responsible for creation of purchase orders for services to be paid. Purchasing is currently working to coordinate purchase orders with the appropriate University users.
Organics Waste Services-Waste Management Inc. Contract #19798
• Departments currently utilizing organics disposal services should continue to use current service provider through and including December 31, 2019.
• Beginning January 1, 2020 Waste Management will provide organics disposal services.
• Any departments adding new organics services should contact Waste Management to begin new service.
• Departments needing organics services will be responsible for the submission of a blanket requisition for service needs.